Characteristics of a Great Den
Recently research revealed what a den needs to be great. Hopefully this describes your den. If not, maybe you can start applying these methods to build a strong and successful den.
- Our den has a motivated den leader – that’s you. (by the way, parents responded that this is the most important element to them.)
- A trained and prepared den leader.
- Every boy in our den has his own book for his rank.
- Our den has a program plan. (This can be shared with families in the form of a calendar.) Also, our den communicates regularly with the parents.
- We conduct fun, relevant den meetings.
- Our parents are actively involved with the den.
- Our Cub Scouts experience advancement on a regular basis.
Den Leader Resources
So You’re a New Den Leader, No. 510-239
So You’re a New Tiger Cub Den Leader, No. 510-233
2013-14 Webelos Program
So You’re a New Webelos Leader, No. 510-247
Webelos Leader Guide
Cub Scout Den Meetings
Den & Pack Meeting Resource Guide
These resources, and more, are available here.